How to Update xbox 360 controller driver windows 10
If you’re a game lover then you’ve definitely used the xbox 360 controller. You can play games using the xbox 360 controller in any version of Windows 10/8/7. Sometimes it doesn’t work in your windows 10 due to the outdated driver or any other problem occurred in the xbox 360 controller driver. But nothing to worry, we’ll provide you the solution to fix its problem or way to update an outdated controller driver.
How to Update Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Driver
There are two methods to update the xbox wireless adaptor or controller driver:
- Manual Update Xbox 360 Controller Driver
- Uninstall and Download from Microsoft Xbox official site
1. Manually Update Xbox 360 Controller Driver
Follow the given instruction –
- Right Click on your start button of windows or press win+x button
- Now click on the device manager
- Now find an unknown device from the device manager menu and right click on to update driver.
- Now select the option and click on to browse my computer for drivers from the popup.
- Now click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
- Now select the Xbox 360 peripherals and click on Next button.
- Now select the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows option and click on Next.
- wait for the installation process to complete.
Once the installation is completed, it will fix the Xbox 360 controller driver in Windows 10.
2. Uninstall and Download from Microsoft Xbox official site
You can uninstall your outdated controller driver and download the latest version from the official website of Microsoft Xbox. Follow the steps to uninstall it from your windows –
- Press the win+x button and click on the device manager.
- Now search for the Xbox 360 controller driver in the listed driver and right click on it.
- After that, click on uninstall driver and wait for the process to complete.
That’s all, you’ve successfully removed the outdated version of the Xbox 360 controller driver. Now reinstall it from its official website, just follow the below steps to complete this.
- Click on the official Microsoft Xbox site.
- Download the controller driver for 32-bit or 64-bit as per your system’s requirement.
- Install the downloaded driver and you system have the latest version of xbox 360 wireless controller driver
Additional Tip –
If the above mentioned two methods are not working for you then we recommend you to use any third party software like Driver Easy. It will automatically scan your system and update the outdated drivers.
It will easily set your Xbox 360 controller driver to its latest version without downloading any software or updating it manually. Follow the steps to update Xbox 360 wireless driver or receiver driver to its latest version-
1. Download the Driver Easy from its official site.
2. Run the setup file and install the software.
3. Now click on the scan button to detect the outdated program in your system.
4. After completing the scan process, select the Xbox 360 controller driver and click on the update button.
You can also click on the update all button to update every listed driver from the scan process.
That’s all, finally, the Xbox 360 controller driver or Xbox 360 wireless receiver not working and the update problem has been definitely fixed from the above mentioned solution. Now you can experience a better gaming experience with your console.
If you’ve something in mind that we can cover in our next topic, then let us know in the comment section below.