How to Fix AMD Driver keeps Crashing in Windows10/11?
AMD driver is mostly used by gamers because of its smooth performance. But some users experience an issue that after 10-15 minutes of launching the game, the AMD driver crashes. If you’re one of them facing the same issue, then you’ve landed in the right place. Here, you will find the best solution to fix the driver’s crashing issue.
First, we will take a quick tour of the problem occurrence
- The basic reason will be that you’ve outdated drivers in your Windows 11/10.
- You’re running a heavy-duty game while your system has been configured with a lower graphic card.
- It might be happened due to some software launch at windows startup and running in the background. These applications will occupy the graphic memory at the backend and once you open any other application or game it may cause the problem of the AMD driver to keeps crashing.
- It can be happened due to hardware issues, also.
Now we have a fair idea about the possible reasons that can cause driver problems. Let’s we will discuss the solution to fix the problem.
Best ways to fix AMD Driver Crashes in Windows 11
1. Update the current version of the AMD Driver, if available
If your system has an outdated version of the AMD driver, you may need to update it to the latest one. So follow the steps below –
1. Press the win+s button and type device manager and hit enter.
2. Next step is to expand the display adapters and right-click on the available AMD graphic driver > click on Update Driver.
3. Now click on the “Search Automatically for Drivers” and wait to complete the process and restart your computer to see the changes.
2. Roll Back the Driver
Sometimes, windows will automatically update the definition of your driver that might not be compatible with your installed software or game. So, whenever you run these applications your driver may crash. To get rid of this you can roll back your driver to its previous stage. To do this follow the steps below –
1. Press the win+r button and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter and the device manager screen popup will appear on your Windows screen.
2. Next look for the AMD Graphic driver under the display adapter. Right-click on it to open the context menu and then click on properties.
3. A new popup window will be opened, now click on the driver tab and then click on rollback driver.
This method will remove the latest version and install the previous version that was available on your Windows pc.
3. Remove Lucid Virtu MVP from Windows 10
Lucid Virtu MVP is used for enhancing the PC’s visuals and improving media and video response time. But, as per the user’s experience it is the main reason behind the AMD driver crashes in Windows 10. So, try to remove this to get rid of driver crashes. Follow the instruction below –
1. Press the win+r button > type control > hit the OK button.
2. Now click on uninstall a program and find out for Virtu MVP.
3. Next select Virtu MVP and click on uninstall button as shown in the below screenshot.
4. Wait for the uninstallation process to finish and restart your computer.
Hope this solution will fix the AMD driver crashes issue in your windows pc.
4. Modify the Registry
If the above method doesn’t work for you then you can try this method to fix the crashing issue. In this method, you need to modify the registry key TdrDelay value. Check out the below steps –
1. Press the win+r button > type regedit > hit OK button.
2. New window of Registry Editor will appear on your screen, Now follow the below path and head to Graphics Drive
3. Next right click on the blank space on the right side and then click on New > DWORD (32 value)
4. It will create a new variable and keep its name as TdrValue.
5. Now double click on it and change the value data of TdrValue from 0 to 8 and hit the OK button.
6. After this restart your windows and see the changes that your problem has been fixed.
5. Fix corrupt System files
Corrupted system files can be a reason to crash your AMD graphic driver. For this, you need to fix it by using the below-mentioned points –
1. Press the win+r button and type cmd and hit enter.
2. It will open a command prompt window on your screen.
3. Now type the following command and hit enter-
4. Now wait for the process to finish and restart your computer.
This process will remove the corrupted file if exist in your system and may resolve your driver crashes problem.
6. Disable AMD Radeon Enhanced Sync
AMD Radeon Enhanced sync option is mostly used by gamers for the smoothening performance of the system because this feature will be used to match your monitor’s refresh rate with the game’s frame rate. But some users have encountered the graphic crash problem with this feature. Disabling this feature can help to get rid of the crashing issue. You can follow the steps below to disable it –
1. Open AMD Radeon driver.
2. Switch to the Graphics tab and look for the Enhanced Sync option at the bottom.
3. Click on the toggle button to disable it.
7. Keep your WIndows up-to-date
Microsoft regularly releases updates to fix the bug and enhance its performance. So it will be in your fingers to always check the Windows update and install them if looks necessary. You can follow the steps below to learn the process –
1. Press the win+s button and type windows update and click on open.
2. A windows update screen will be opened, now check if there is an update available or not.
3. You can also click on the ‘check for updates’ button to check because there might be chances that Microsoft has released any definition for graphic drive and that can help you to fix the problem.
Sometimes AMD drivers keep crashing problems may occur with a different kind of problem like Black/Blue screen of death. So, we always recommend you to keep a backup of windows because it will help you to recover your data if any disaster will happened.
Hopefully, the above seven methods help you to get rid of the AMD driver keeps crashing problem. Let us know in the comment section which method will best fit for you to fix the problem. Also, like and follow us on Facebook, and Twitter for such kinds of updates.